Liability Insurance for Myotherapy Massage Practitioners
Myotherapy treatment involves an extensive physical evaluation with an integrated approach to the treatment of involved muscles, joints and nerves. Myotherapy can be utilized to treat acute and chronic conditions, as well as in the area of preventative management and prescriptive exercises.
A distinguishing feature of Myotherapy is the clinical reasoning used, in which standard methods of evaluation are used such as orthopaedic tests, postural assessment, neurological and functional testing in conjunction with a thorough palpatory assessment of the spine, peripheral joint play, and the contractile evaluation of musculature.
Common conditions that Myotherapists can treat include:
- Sporting & occupational injuries
- Stiffness & pain associated with poor posture
- Associated joint & vertebral dysfunction & pain
- Acute & chronic conditions affecting function & mobility
- Scoliosis / Kyphosis
- Headaches / migraines
- Acute and chronic stiff and painful neck
- Chronic overuse syndromes - tendonitis, RSI, tennis/golfer's elbow, carpal tunnel
- Acute & chronic back pain / 'sciatica'
- Shoulder pain, impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder
- Hand & finger numbness / tingling – thoracic outlet syndrome
- Knee, leg & foot pain – shin splints, patella tracking dysfunction, runners knee, ankle sprains
- Arthritis / Multiple Sclerosis
- Pregnancy – pre/post natal complaints
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Pain & dysfunction associated with stress & tension
- Rehabilitative stage of an injury or illness